Monday, March 30, 2009

Got this letter


letter

we got this letter from a guy that Justin baptized while on his mission in tampa florida. it made us smile

September 16, 2007

Dear Huggins Family,

You do not know me so I will tell you a little about me! My name is Michael Gordon Locke. I’m 23 years old. I’m married to Lacey Ann Bell. We have a 2½ year old little girl, and a little boy on the way. He’s due October 4Th. His name will be Mason Stephen Locke. My daughter’s name is Mikaela Ann Locke. I am a finish trim carpenter. I joined the Church April 10Th 2005. Since then, I have had my ups-and-downs with going to church because it was such a dramatic life change. I guess I just had to work more and more on my testimony. Since the beginning of this year, I have been to church with full force. On July 29, 2007, I was ordained an ELDER. About one month ago, I was set apart as 2nd counselor of the Elders Quorum of about a 500 member ward. On September 8th 2007, I received my endowments along with my wife, and we were SEALED for all time and eternity to each other and to our little girl. Now our son will be born under the Covenant.
I have baptized one of my best friends, and soon or in about one week, I’m going to baptize my neighbors. In a few months, my mom probably and a couple of my brothers and sisters, and hopefully more friends, I will also be baptizing. I have probably given over 40 Books of Mormon away. This Gospel has blessed my life so much and all the people I interact with. People I grew up with or knew me before I joined the Church can’t believe their eyes and ears.
On April 10th 2005 I was baptized by Elder Justin Huggins; who was and is a MAN OF GOD! Who held the proper authority and taught me what true authority was. I still to this day have not met a missionary who was as humble and knowledgeable as he was. He taught me how to kneel and pray. I remember he would take off his shoes and ask if we could kneel.
When I heard of his calling to the other side, I was so heartbroken that I wouldn’t get to see him again on the earth. But I know God needed a really good missionary on the other side to teach in the spirit world. Don’t be surprised if he’s one of the 144,000.
I remember he got transferred right before I was to be baptized. He got to come back to perform the sacred ordinance. I remember as he pulled me from the water, the spirit that I felt and we hugged and embraced and there were tears of great joy streaming down our faces. I thank God for Elder Huggins and Elder Gossling. I thank God for people like you for raising children to be lovers of God, and to carry out his will on earth.
Thank you so much! I will carry on the work your son passed on to Me. I hope all is well in your lives.
Love,

Michael, Lacey,

2 comments:

  1. I REMEMBER WHEN YOU GOT THIS LETTER!!!I STILL GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is so awsome, he still contiuneing the work.

    ReplyDelete