Monday, June 15, 2009

A NEW LETTER AND SOME PICTURES FROM A ELDER THAT SERVED WITH JUSTIN


Hi,

You recently found me on facebook and asked if I'd served with/known
Elder Huggins (well, I knew him as "Elder"). I did serve in his district
once and in his Zone one or two times.

I'm not just saying this because of the circumstances, but I was
genuinely impressed with Elder Huggins for a particular reason. I can
remember times, maybe on a p-day or something, when some elders wanted
to do things that were "questionable." Elder Huggins had a real talent
for stopping stuff like that before it even started. He could correct
people, almost without them even realizing they were being corrected. It
was a subtle way of helping those around him do what was right.

One day, my companion Elder Ence and I were driving to the house where
Justin and Elder Lillywhite lived to pick them up for something and it
began to rain like CRAZY. When we got to the house, Elder Huggins and
Elder Lillywhite were just sitting in chairs in the driveway completely
soaked - still in their proselyting clothes - still in the pouring rain.
They had gotten soaked while walking back to their place and decided to
just stay that way until we got there. THEN they proceeded to pretend
like they were swimming in the overflowing gutters - I've got a picture
of that somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Anyway, I looked through the pictures I have of him and am sending them
to you. Some of the files are a little bigger, and so I'll be sending
them in a few different emails.

Cheers,
Elder Watanabe (Andy Watanabe)




2 comments:

  1. aw! :) thats so nice:)..i bet u love finidng new ppl who justins touched and finding new peices of him still around. I especially love the last picture because of how cute it is that he isplaying with this little girl. it kinda reminded me of trent. ( water balloons )

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!!!I LOVE NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!I LOVED THE IN THE RAIN STORY ..THATS OUR JUSTIN!

    ReplyDelete