Monday, June 29, 2009

JUNE 30, 2005


JUSTIN WOULD BE COMING HOME FROM HIS MISSION FOUR YEARS AGO TOMORROW. I REMEMBER THIS DAY LIKE IT WAS TODAY. I REMEMBERING PUTTING YELLOW RIBBON ON HIS GRILL OF HIS PICKUP AND DRIVING TO THE AIRPORT THINKING OH MY IS HE GOING TO THINK WE HAVE CHANGED, OR GREW IN OUR TESTIMONY. I REMEMBER WAITING FOR HIS AIRPLANE TO LAND AND LOOKING AT THE TV AND IT SAID IT LANDED. THEN I WAS SO NERVOUS, I WATCHED HIM COMING DOWN THE STAIRS, CLARK GOES GO ON HUG HIM, I RAN TO HIM AND HUGGED HIM SO TIGHT AND SAID DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN. HE JUST LAUGHED IN MY EAR. HE DIDN'T WANT TO DRIVE HIS TRUCK BECAUSE IT WAS SO BIG COMPARED TO HIS LITTLE CAR HE DROVE ON HIS MISSION. WHEN HE GOT IN HE HEARD SOMETHING DROP AND LOOKED DOWN, BUT DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING AND GOT IN BUT TIME WE GOT HOME HE REALIZED IT WAS HIS NAMED TAG HE HAD WORN FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS. HE WAS SO SAD, I CALLED THE AIRPORT TO SEE IF THEY FOUND IT, BUT THEY DIDN'T. WE STOPPED AT THE MALL TO GET HIM SOME TENNIS SHOE'S AND GRACIE CRYING BECAUSE, SHE WANTED SOME TO AND I LOOKED AT JUSTIN AND SAID WELCOME HOME. HAHAHAH. HERE IS SOME PICTURES HE TOOK IN THE PLANE AND LANDING AND SOME WITH THE ELDERS HE SERVED WITH AT THE AIRPORT.(I WILL POST THEM LATER)
I LOVE YOU JUSTIN AND PRAY EVERY DAY THAT THIS IS GOING TO GET EASIER CLARK SAID IT WILL WHEN I AM DEAD, NICE RIGHT. AT LEAST I WONT HAVE TO HIDE AND PRETEND AND WEAR MY MASKS.

LOVE YOU
GO GIVE'EM HEAVEN
MOM

3 comments:

  1. Quit worrying about wearing a stinking mask! Everyone understands if your sad on days like this and if they don't then you know what Id say to them..... "get in the........car" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when he came home. I was nervous cause I didn't know if I was allowed to hug him or not haha. I just remember him going...woah Donna, you look older. But still I was SO young. He will always be in my heart. He sent me a few letters. Telling me he misses my family. He misses coming over every sunday and playing games while his family took the Sunday nap haha. Which is so true. I think he is so proud of my mom. For how much she has changed. For how much all of us now believe in the gospil and for how much it ha changed all of our lives. I know that if he didn't have that impact on my mom I wouldn't of ever had the drive to go to the temple either. Thanks so much Justine for making mom feel that way.
    It's funny...to see how much people change in a few short days.months.or years. But all in all. I know he is proud of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can still remember emailing/chatting with you in the last few days before Justin came home. I remember how happy and excited you were! What a great day. I am so glad you keep up a blog about Justin. He is was an amazing person and I know that he helps you out in your life. He loves you.

    ReplyDelete