Sunday, May 3, 2009

I did it......................... I cleaned out his bat bag.

I could not sleep last night, I tossed and turned then finally got up and went in Justin's room to lay down. Then I got to thinking is it time to put his stuff away, clean out his clothes in his closet. Then I looked over at his baseball bag, Then I remembered a conversation I had with Jalyn the other night, about his baseball bag that I have not went through it yet, she asked me why, I didn't have a answer except, The last time I saw him alive he was in his eastern ball shirt, blue ball socks and eastern coat and hat and his bat bag slung over his shoulder. I was hugging him telling him to come home and him telling me to save it. So I guess I was scared of the memories I would find in there. But I did it, and here are my feeling and the pic's of what i found.



This is the hat he had the last time I saw him alive, which was the hat he had on when he got in the accident, also his boots and his sock are stuffed in side.
His batting Gloves and his bat.
YES his cup which he was proud of cause it was a XL hahahaha.





His baseball helmet with his finger prints , dirt and tar on it.
His balls
His cleats


with dirt still on them



I found his white arm bands he wore every game just right below his elbows. They still had dirt on them and of course i smelled them.




His eastern shirt It also has dirt on it.
His pant and they were turned wrong side out like he was in a hurry to get them off. At his funeral Greg Madsen said Justin never felt liked he played a good game unless his pants were dirty and here is the proof.

His blue socks they were also turned wrong side out and YES i smelled them.
By this time i was crying when i found his extra glove there was this ball inside it. he never left a glove just lay there without a ball in it because he said it would mishap. We buried him with his glove he always used, yes we put a ball in it.

He had 2.00 and his needle and leather to re lace his glove when it broke.

9 comments:

  1. I'm shocked...I had no idea that you would change it.
    In a way I am sad that his room is gone. But proud of you that you had the courage.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Justin Thornley, I have been following your blog and been thinking I needed to say something to you and Clark. I was working for my uncle Alan with clark at the time of the accident and I was also going to USU. I talked to Justin a couple of days before the accident at the ASTE building and I remember how happy he was to see someone from high school. We talked about people from school, his mission, how he wanted to be able to go back to the farm and help his dad work on the tractors and work the farm and of course we talked about baseball, I also talked with Clark the day of the accident before it happened and I told him that I had talked to his son. I think I even washed Clarks truck before he left. I just want to let you know a few of my memories and let you know that we are thinking of you and your family, I am actually teaching high school in price and I know one of the assistant coaches from CEU that knew Justin so that was neat. My wife also works with a lady whose son played on a state team with Justin in like 2002 or something like that. please keep posting I enjoy reading and learning more about Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you didnt really say how you felt about it? Good or bad or indifferent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this post. I bet you had very many different emotions opening his baseball bag up as all of us reading the post experience. Knowing Justin was a blessing and getting the chance to hang out with him was even a bigger blessing. Justin was such a great ball player and had great work ethic for whatever he was accomplishing. I remember hanging out with him and you would call or text just to see what he was doing. I would ask who was that on the phone and he would reply "my best friend, my mom" or something always sweet along those lines. He always said great things about you and I knew that that was very important characteristic to have. He had so much love and respect for both you and Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that must have been SO hard! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so hard for you but how do you feel now. Are you glad that you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heartbreaking. My son Jesse had all the same things in his baseball bag. He played at BYU. I haven't experienced what you are going through but the baseball stuff made my heart just break for you. And YES I would have smelled everything too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some amazing photos! I can't even imagine the good thoughts and great memories that were going through your head when you were going through his bag...but I do know that there was a reason why you waited this long to do it...I'm thinking Justin played a part in that. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete